Tuesday, August 18, 2015

What I pack for a RunDisney weekend!

Disneyland Half Weekend is just two weeks away and I'm in full packing mode.
I have a spreadsheet I started for my first RunDisney weekend a year ago and I make a few alterations each trip  The first thing I do is get my costumes together. I have these large ziploc bags I get from Target they're called Jumbo and they're great. When I start the bags I write what race it's for, the costume, what shoe I plan to wear, and anything missing.

All of my running gear is put into a carryon. I'm not about to trust the luggage guys with important items for a weekend.

For Disneyland I'm running all 3 races so I have 3 costumes.
Bag 1: Oswald for the 5k.
Blue Royale Sparkle Skirt, black short sleeve shirt, black bra and socks, race bib holder.

Bag 2: Darth Vader for the 10k
Vader shirt, black capris, grey socks, black/grey bra, black visor, lightsaber, running belt,

Bag 3: Goofy for the 1/2
Goofy Costume (Ordered from iGlowRunning), Black Sparkle Shorts, green visor with ears, white socks, yellow bra, (No Running belt as I'll use the same one I'm using for the 10k)

I also bring:
2 pairs of running shoes
Headphones + charger
Garmin 620 + charger
Clif Gels and Salt Stick
Signed Waivers
Safety Pins
Foam Roller - I travel with the Tiger Tail
Sunglasses
BioFreeze and Advil
Hair Ties to pull my hair up.
Bobby Pins To keep my Oswald ears on my head
Bandaids in case of blisters or whatnot
Compression Sleeves for recovery in the parks
Large trash bags to sit on in my corral as they put you in them early.
Throwaway ponchos in case of rain (I learnt that from W&D)
A backup outfit in case of rain or just not feeling my costume
Water Bottle
Sunscreen
Small cellphone charger like this one from Amazon 

It might sound like a lot, but I'm always a be prepared type of person so I'm ready for anything. I'd love to hear if there's anything you bring that's not on my list.
<3 Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment